Monday 3 March 2008

Builder of the Walls


Of my all time favorite bands, Dead Brain Cells has to be the one closest to my Cartesian side. You might want to make the case that my objective flanking is alone out there, but I would simply remind the 4 people reading these lines that I sometimes bug-out to slanderous mambo such as Au Bal Masqué.

Citing DBC's Estuary seems appropriate here given today's featured piece:
Builder of the walls
Back inside his guarded palace
Ruler over all
These lyrics and accompanying massive bass lines illustrate a key turning point in humanity's history. Even though there is no clear sign that the young builder is about to settle down, I'm hopeful that this conversion from a nomadic to a sedentary lifestyle is taking place as he twirls around the living room.

Are we building a ruler? Will he extend his control from inanimate objects to living being? Will he want to rules over all, including us?

No comments: